Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger

So yesterday I became an official Peace Corps Volunteer.  We went to the Presidential Palace where we were sworn in by the US Ambassador to Mali.  It was quite the occasion, the President of Mali presided over the ceremony and he had a formal speech with us. It was quite memorable and I have tons of pictures.  The only thing is, we all decided to don mustaches which was super creepy so when you see my photos, they are creepy!!  So today I left training site and on my way to Yanfolila for the next 2 months before In-service training. I will be in Yanfolila on Friday. I am currently in Bougouni for some last minute shopping.  I am really nervous for the next 2 months because I will have minimum contact with all my friends and other Americans.  I hope everything goes well for me and the rest of my Kennedy family members.  This is going to be a very difficult time, but as they say "What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger." 

No comments:

Post a Comment